Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Slammin' Sammy Smacks a Somer (I'm sorry, I had to keep the alliteration)
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Sammy hit #600 earlier this week (interestingly, against his old team while playing for his original team!), making him one of just 5 players to rack up that many homers. The instant that ball went over the wall, every sports writer, blogger, commentator and fan sprung into debate mode to argue whether Sammy's numbers make him an automatic Hall of Fame candidate or if his possible participation in the Cheaters Club should exempt him. I don't claim to be an expert on the matter, but since you're already here (again, I apologize for the fact that my site somehow came up on page 1 of your Google search for "who is the mystery blonde A-Rod was photographed with?"), perhaps you'd like to take a moment to see what I think of the situation.


Labels: ,

posted by Yankees Chick @ Saturday, June 23, 2007  
6 Comments:
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Ian said…

    I have to agree with you that Sammy is in the Hall of Fame. Bonds on the other hand, I don't agree with you until we find out what happens with the BALCO stuff. If it is found he did knowingly use them, then he (Bonds) should never get in no matter what he does.

    I think we will start to see benchmark numbers to get into the Hall change. 600 homers is automatic 1st ballot unless you've been caught doing something illegal. (Bonds)

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger m. eddy said…

    Comeon Mo,
    The guy tries too hard! For every corked bat found there must be a trove of steroids. I hope all the names come out and all these hyped numbers get trashed. Give me Mantle and Ruth. Those were 2 guys who could have had way better numbers if they took the game as serious as these wannabe's. Let's all drink one to that!
    m. eddy

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See I think Bonds was a sure thing pre 1998 and should get in, Sosa I'm not so sure he would have been a HoFer if not for the possible juicing.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger MikeyBronx said…

    Bonds was a Hall of Famer long before any of us thought he was sticking needles in his ass. He was the best player of the 1990s and probably the best all-around player I've ever seen. Under normal circumstances, I'd say one-dimensional players like Sammy Sosa aren't Hall of Famers, but 600 home runs are far from normal. In fact, it's pretty damn near epic, so I'd probably vote him in, too.

    As you know, rampant steroid use doesn't bother me, so that's not even a factor in my decision.

    I also nominate Kyle Farnsworth for the Hall of Lame.

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmm...pig tails. I'm sorry, what was the question?

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Drew Sarver said…

    Chickography- I love it! I usually agree with your opinion, but not in this case. Neither Bonds or Sosa should be in the hall. There's no question in my mind that Sosa took steroids. I was heartened though to see that Sosa's command of the English language returned for his press conference. What a miracle.

    Doesn't matter how well Bonds did before roids, cheating is cheating.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google