I know it's only been 3 days since the Day Of Reckoning
, but all the questions
that were left in the wake of the disappointing (and yet somehow not shocking) Yanks' ALDS loss are still weighing on the minds of everyone from the sad little Yankees Chick to the money-hungry duo of Boras and Big Stein. No real progress has been on anything yet, but speculation abounds on the issues of what Big Stein will do with Torre (trade him in for a shiny new model?), who might go down with him, and what Boras will do with A-Rod (because we all know A-Rod is not at the helm of that ship
Everything is still in rumor/speculation phase, of course, but here are a few interesting perspectives on the situations:
- Like most folks, Newsday has Mattingly and Girardi as top picks for a Torre replacement
- The Daily News ain't so sure Mattingly could hack it, though
- Boras is eager for some hot free-agency action, according to CNBC and... everyone.
- On the other hand, maybe A-Rod won't let Boras coerce him into opting out.
- Tony La Russa has been rumored to be a "candidate" as a Torre replacement, but I am not the only one who isn't a big fan of that idea.
- Mo might be out if Torre is out. God knows he could fetch a pretty penny on the open market.
So much of this stuff hinges on Big Stein's Big Torre Decision. HURRY IT UP ALREADY.
Labels: front office, rumors, sketchy