Like most of us Yanks fans, I have a lot to say about the team’s loss, the reasons behind it (chokes, chokes, and more chokes [and NO, not just A-Rod]), and the ramifications of yet another early bow-out, but before we get to that I think it is imperative that we discuss some of the highlights of the team’s year.
Yes, they blew it in the post-season. Yes, several players had slumpsville years and even more were affected by the near-fatal and highly contagious injury plague spread by Carl “Yeah dudes I’m totally still on this team, remember me?” Pavano. Yes, Torre, mismanaged the bullpen on many, many occasions. Yes, the Cash Man and Big Stein made a big mistake in signing Kei Igawa for anything more than five American dollars. It’s a long off-season, though, so we’ll have plenty of time to commiserate over the misfortunes. For now, let’s look past all that and think about some of the brighter days for just a few minutes!
- A-Rod hit his first of several walk-off homers on April 19th against the Indians?
- Clemens announced – in decidedly self-indulgent high-dramatics, of course – that he would return to the team?
- A-Rod hit #500 on August 4th?
- Joba made his debut.... And went on to give up just 1 run in 24 innings?
- Phil Hughes took a no-hitter into the 7th inning in his 2nd start for the Yanks?
- Ian Kennedy blazed through the minor league system with Joba-esque speed and helped the Yanks secure a post-season spot with 3 starts and a 1.89 ERA?
- Jorgie Porgie shocked us all by hitting like a champ from both sides of the plate throughout the entire season?
- The team won 9 straight in June?
- Scooter the good-luck squirrel made his first appearance back in August? (p.s. Where was he this weekend when we needed him? Out sick? On a date with a female squirrel?)
- Shelley Duncan, Spirit Coordinator extraordinaire made his debut on July 20th and proceeded to bring joy to the Yankees Chick's heart every time she saw his ridiculous high-five celebrations?
Let's add to this list... help me out, Yanks fans. Regale us with more tales of glory that happened to the Yanks in 2007 down in the comment section. Good stuff only for now - I will post a "depression/moaning/crying/blaming" bitch-fest later on tonight after which you will all be welcome to discuss the failures. For now: happy stuff only!
Labels: a-rod support, happy time, jobamania, jorgie porgie pudding and pie, pavano must die