When A-Rod hit that 2-run bomb in the 7th to tie the game yesterday afternoon, I was all set to write a post discussing the scrappy
nature of the Yanks' play over the last week or so. Sadly, 'twas not to be - such a post shall have to wait for another day. Instead of being jazzed and proud over another come-from-behinder, my emotions have slid down to the other end of the spectrum: dwelling-ville.
In "honor" of this obnoxious and wholly unwelcome feeling, I've prepared a Top Ten highlighting all the Yankee happenings that have sent me spiraling into depressions of varying depths throughout the year.Top Ten Depression-Inducing Disappointments
10) Hughsie's disappointing contributions to the rotation
9) Dandy Andy's struggles
8) Jeter's boo-boo
7) A-Rod's missed playing time
6) Ian Kennedy's second bad start. And third... and... the rest of them.
5) Jorgie Porgie Pudding and Pie's 30+ day vacation at the DL Resort and Casino.
4) ...And the backup catcher issues that followed in his wake.
3) Cano's failure to recall the physics of a bat hitting a ball and making it go places where there are no fielders.
2) The Joba-less bullpen
.Read last week's Top Ten: Yankee Surprises
Labels: top ten tuesdays, you make me sick