Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Special Guest and Real Live News
Thursday, October 11, 2007
My good friend and yours, Peter Abraham from over at the Journal News, has some Yanks news to bestow upon us all and no forum with which to do so - which is great news for the ol' Yankees Chick! Read on for some news...


Hello readers of the Yankees Chick. This is Peter Abraham of The Journal News and the LoHud Yankees Blog. My blog, for reasons unclear to me, is not working. The techies at my paper are working on it.

Thanks to Maureen, I'll drop a little news on you here.

Joe Torre will be twisting in the wind all weekend. Brian Cashman and Steinbrenner family spokesman Howard Rubenstein confirmed today that the much-anticipated meeting in Tampa won't be until Monday.

There's a feeling out there that Torre could be saved the more time passes. I do not share that feeling. I think they want Don Mattingly and they're just trying to figure out all the steps to take and how to present it. Hank and Hal Steinbrenner have not been involved in the organization for long and are taking their time.

I also get the sense that they want to make sure Donnie has a good, strong staff. Meaning Larry Bowa, Tony Pena, etc. It will be interesting to see who the bench coach is. Bowa should remain at third base because he is great there. Mattingly needs a Don Zimmer. But obviously not Zimmer himself.

As for player news, there is little of that. The free agents are chilling out, waiting to file officially and waiting for the Yankees to make them offers. Phil Hughes and the inseperable Robbie Cano and Melky Cabrera were at the Stadium today. All voiced support for Joe, as you would expect.

That's really all I have. Thanks to the Chick for giving me some space. Hopefully my blog comes back soon.

Labels: ,

posted by Yankees Chick @ Thursday, October 11, 2007  
15 Comments:
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey, first I wanted to say that this is a great Yankees blog and one of the few on my daily read list.

    Thanks for giving PeteAbe a forum as I'm going crazy with no Lohud blogs. And thanks to Pete for posting it here.

    Interesting tact by the Yankees but not all surprising given how the Yankees operate. I'm still torn on Torre. I'm not passionate for keeping him or firing him. I'll have to evaluate the replacement before deciding how I feel, if Torre is gone.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Drew Sarver said…

    Bows down to the mighty Yankees Chick

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hey, thanks for the update!

    Google fooled me today. Get this: I was googling 'Joe Torre' when I found a link "Torre not fired". Intrigued, I clicked.

    The article was dated 11 October, so, almightily squeeing, I went and told as many Yankee fans as I could find.


    And then, just as I was set to blog about it, I saw the article was indeed dated 11 October. 2006.

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    A super huge thanks to the Yankees Chick for letting Pete post an update - I swear I've been dying since last night when the blog went off... of course I then remembered this blog and YAY! Rebecca - I found that very link this afternoon when I decided I had to take the 'investigative reporting' into my own hands... I started screaming and was so excited - then I saw the date.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Jorge said…

    two class acts on one blog. thanks to you both.

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger saucy said…

    wow. we're over here now!

    saw something on tv that said only randy levine and the george himself are the ones who want Torre gone. Everyone else either is on the fence or wants to keep him around...

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Werner said…

    My feeling is that firing Torre here is kind of an idiotic move from a PR perspective. By giving him another year they can:

    A) Make a sound economic decision. If you think that the difference between contracts for A-Rod, Mo, Jorge, etc. +/- Torre = $7M, then keeping him is a no-brainer. I actually believe this is the case.

    B) Make a good PR move. Giving Torre another year allows him to usher in an end to a Yankee era, and allows the fans to endure only one transition (stadium and manager at the end of next year) instead of two. Maybe I'm just a big softie, but that's how I'd like to see things done.

    C) Make the right personnel decision. Allow Torre to come back and have him focus on training Mattingly up. That way the succession is orderly and expected, rather than acrimonious and sudden.

    Ultimately, this is a battle between the Boss's HUGENORMOUS ego and what's right for the team. The absolute worst case scenario is they fire Torre, have some trouble (or spend crazy $$$) retaining free agents, bring in a new manager and miss the playoffs.

    I feel like I speak for the majority of Yankees fans when I say "Ugh."

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Werner said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Werner said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Todd Drew said…

    Thanks for the post, Peter. Your dedication to Yankee fans is unmatched.

    Thanks, for making this happen Maureen!

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow pete. Why use 'the yankee chick' when there's so many better, more established blogs out there?

    Oh, wait. I think I know. By the way you might want to reach down and pick your credibility off the floor.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Thanks for letting Pete post here - I've been lost without him!!

    Anyway, abc here in NY is reporting that Torre will be back. Any other insight into that?? Seems like the free agent to be Yanks held some sway!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    For anyone who cares, the Lohudblogs are still down but PeteAbe is back up at Blogger temporarily. This link should take you to his blog:

    http://www.lohud.com/blogs/lohudyankees2.html

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This waiting game is getting old. I guess we shouldn't expect anything better out of steinbrenner, but the way he's stringing torre and all the potential replacements (and us) along is cruel.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    rebecca, you've gotta search under "news" rather than just web!!! i get fooled all the time lol

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google