Most teams have played just one game thus far this season, and our poor Yankees have played ZERO
, but after a few glances at each team my honed YC baseball meter already has a good handle on how the league is shaping up. So confident am I in my insightful future-telling abilities, I have no qualms about making bold predictions in today's Top Ten...Top Ten 2008 Final Win-Loss Records
Best record is #1, and backwards on up from there
10) Atlanta Braves
. Watch out, Phillies and Mets.
9) San Diego Padres. The pitching is just too good to fail. Unless Pavano pays them a visit... then they're screwed.
8) Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Orange County of California of USA of Earth of Milky Way Galaxy. Still don't think the Mariners are good enough to make a run at the division.
7) Los Angeles Dodgers
. So long as Torre keeps benching Juan Pierre, they're good to go
6) Cleveland Indians. Piiiiitching and gnat-impervious.
5) Chicago Cubs
. No holes anywhere that I can see. It's them or the Mets in the Series.
4) Detroit Tigers. Crushing offense.
3) Boston Red Sox. They'll finish one win shy of the Yankees because the Yanks will win the season series.
2) New York Yankees. See above.
1) New York Mets
. One word: Pitching. See you in the Series?Read last week's Top Ten: YCPOSTTF
Labels: other teams, top ten tuesdays