Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Yankees Chick Full Disclosure
Monday, March 31, 2008
A while back I schooled y'all on the wonder that is technology and the fact that when you attempt to post cruel and/or threatening comments, I know who you are and where you are posting from.

Some of you did not listen.

Generally speaking, I am a tough gal and could not care less about mean things that are said about me - call me ugly, tell me I don't know anything about baseball, whatevs. However, while I do approve 99% of all comments posted, I will not allow comments that have nothing to do with the blog at all. Saying that I'm a whore does not contribute anything to this site in the slightest.

Commenting such things anonymously is pathetic.

As I said, I don't really mind most of the derogatory comments I receive, but yesterday and today an anonymous poster (I'm assuming it's just one jackass; I'd prefer to have faith in my YC readers and believe that only one of you would be so cruel) made some hateful remarks attacking me in a completely inappropriate manner, taking cheap shots at my struggles with various very serious health issues.

I've only recently begun posting anything about my personal life, but have never disclosed anything specific about my health issues. I've posted about the YCD's (Yankees Chick Dad, obv) cancer and some funny (to me!) non-baseball thoughts that run through my mind in Sidenote Saturdays, but the most personal thing I've shared was my 2-week stint in the hospital back in Feb. Since I didn't disclose what I was there for, these recent comments are obviously from someone that knows me, which greatly hurts me. Mission accomplished, anonymous!

Fuck. You.

Anywho, since I've been on the "discuss my personal life more" kick lately (why? Boredom and lots of emailed questions), I've decided to disclose the aforementioned issues I deal with on a daily basis in hopes that it will bring about a bit more understanding of your faithful YC. Ready?

The reason I was in the hospital was to deal with a serious eating disorder that has plagued me for nearly a decade, as well as crippling depression that I've dealt with for ... forever. Yes, I was a ridiculous skinny beast, and yes, you are right, I used to cut myself.

I'm telling you all this not only because so many of you have asked (most of you in a concerned manner; it is only a couple of you that delight in such cruelty), but because it is nothing to be ashamed of and I know that many others struggle with similar issues.

I am doing MUCH better now. Thank you to ALL of you that have emailed me with positive thoughts - lovies!

As for those of you who have such serious untreated mental problems that you enjoy tearing down others, you have my sympathy. Good luck with life in your current state.

Labels:

posted by Yankees Chick @ Monday, March 31, 2008  
19 Comments:
  • At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    long time, first time, YC. from one knowledgeable female baseball fan to another - don't let the meanies get you down. it's 2008, but i feel like it's still kind of hard to be taken seriously as a fan if you're a woman. i read a lot of yankees/baseball blogs, and yours is one of my favorites. keep it up!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger YanksinVA said…

    Anybody that calls you ugly is blind. You're very hot! Anybody that makes a rude comment about somebody's health problems is just an ass.

    Andy in VA

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't let the idiots get to you. You're definitely one of the well-informed baseball fans and an entertaining writer. Keep up the good work. We're rooting for you.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i read this everyday but i dont think i've ever commented. anyways, that took a lot of guts to share and i just pretty much think youre awesome. thanks for the blog and you rock!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That was brave of you to admit all of that. As one of your readers, I find it admirable that you realized you had problems and dealt with them in a respectable manner. I'm sure other commenters here will agree in saying we wish you the best in keeping those problems from coming back and that we hope to see more of your great work.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YC....keep a tough upper lip lady! You are crazy if you think you are not attractive. You kick ass lady, and I bet you take names! Enjoy 2008, and if you ever get to Iowa...email me! I know IOWA....Yes I am the Idiot Out Wandering Around!

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger M. Michaud said…

    YC, I haven't been reading as much lately cause I've been trying to get back with my blog and I don't know what has happened here but, ignore those people. People are dumb and anyone who would say you lack attractiveness must be blind. Seriously. Keep up the good work, and of course, Go Yankees!

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What doesn't pull you down makes you stronger.

    As a blogger on various sites, I've been subjected to pretty nasty stuff, even to the point where my innocent, sweet, 6-year-old daughter was used as a target.

    F--K these people -- just keep your chin up. You are awesome, and your posts are awesome. Never forget that.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Christopher said…

    Hello Yankees Chick, long time reader first time poster. Your post has spurred me into action, or at least out of silence.

    I just thought I would comment that your blog is an excellent mix of wit, charm and knowledge, which is severely lacking in the baseball blogosphere. Reading and participating on blogs is the only way I interact with fellow baseball lovers as I don't know a single person who understands the rules of baseball, let alone watches it.

    Don't let the views of a few mindless cretins change the way you do things around here, I - for one - get a lot of pleasure out of reading your blog. Here's hoping you and your father remain happy and healthy.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Drew Sarver said…

    Wow Maureen, what a courageous post. I'm sitting here with my jaw on the floor.

    I'm glad you're doing better and keep fighting the fight!

    Drew

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Always remember its hard to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by vultures. PS: I know who the person who is attacking you but I didn't think anyone with an IQ of 25 could use a computer.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger PanzerG said…

    Greetings dear YC, your excellent blog has helped me endure this far too long winter without baseball... Concerning those silly personal attack, don't even bother, they are A--holes ! You have gratitude and support from a reader thousands miles away (Taiwan) ! May health , joy and wealth fulfill your home.

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Brooklynite said…

    Maureen,
    I've only recently found your blog, but I do enjoy it immensely. You do know your stuff when it comes to baseball in general, and our beloved Yanks in particular.
    I am glad to know that you are dealing with your issues. You didn't need to share as it's none of our business. But know that there are people that are concerned, even if we've never met you!
    As for the haters, unfortunately you really can't do much about that. Sometimes, people can just be incredibly stupid (remind me to share some stories of the 'wonderful fans' at the Dodgers/Red Sawx game at the Coliseum sometime). You're a better person than they can ever be.

    Keep on blogging and sharing your oh, so unique perspective on the Yankee Universe! We'll keep reading!
    Best,
    Phil

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    Anon: please email me regarding the person responsible for this shit... would very much like to hear more :)

    info@yankeeschick.com

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Maureen:

    Surely, you know you're attractive.

    Grrl, this is why those pathetic LOSERS lashed out, CUZ you got it going on.

    See, these chumps get one good look at you, and BOOOM: jealously, envy, vulnerability -- all the elements underlying their self-loathing -- automatically ignite.

    To numb their self-made subordination, the dregs reflexively strike outward

    Now, I say this objectively, cuz:

    1. I've seen this happen a million times (attacking women, including my sisters, for good looks);

    2. I live in California, and I'm already a blog-hero, so I have no personal agenda;

    3. this is my first post on this site (no prior relationship).

    ► Here’s a well written essay tackling the age old subject.

    ► Also, as for boobies, click on my name, and scroll down, I tweak the topic.

    ► Also, kick ya heels up, pop one open and enjoy these clips:

    ► Letterman visits Spring Training (2008) - Link

    ► Brand New ESPN/Yankee Parody Commercial - Link

    ► Fan Freak Over the Rainout - Link

    ► Riot at DC Stadium - Link

    *

    *

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear that someone decided to try to tear you down. Tough to but that in the past. Not to be pandering, but I have enjoyed your blog since finding it last season and will continue to read it. I really do enjoy the female point of view.
    As for your health issues, I am glad that you are overcoming them and being open about discussing them. We all have skeltons in our closets. Please keep up the good work.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't let the dicks keep you down. YC has become one of my regular rota, along with RAB, NoMaas, the Banter, Arseblog and TrueHoop. Keep up the good work, please, and keep in mind that people are jealous of success.

    MC

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess I'm called a lurker. I read your site on a regular basis, after all it's on my top bookmarks, actually you're on the bar! Dam that's top if I've ever heard. lol

    Anyhow a longtime lurker first time writer and I just wanted to show you my support for what you do on here for us Yankees fans and in your personal life. Thank you for sharing and please don't ever let some of these dummies get to you. To go what you're going through and have gone through just shows us your strength that you're able to contribute to such an amazing site. Keep your head up!

    My best from San Diego! El Cajon to be exact....you know....home of the F150 and Jimmie Johnson. lol

    Damien

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Bruce said…

    That was brave of you to put your health issues out there. A lot of women struggle with similar problems and everytime someone can be open about it others can see that they are not alone. Thanks for sharing that. As for the comments about you being ugly....all I can say is whoever said that is mother fucking blind.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google