Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
....But tell us how you REALLY feel
Friday, February 16, 2007
Constant scrutiny is a problem faced by anyone in the public eye. Whether by paparazzi angling their telescopic lenses right up the skirts of pantyless celebrities (the Yankees Chick understands that it is very difficult to remember to wear panties when there's so much partying to be done) or a radio station broadcasting the comments of a flagrant homophobe ("what, you mean what I say on the radio will be heard by people? And then other people might choose to report it?! I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you!"), these actors/athletes/politicians/media whores provide ample fodder for the waiting public in the form of scandalous pictures and delicious sound-bites. The folks with an ounce of tact and/or self-control are careful to censor their public comments in a fruitless attempt to maintain an air of diplomacy, but what fun is that for us?! Luckily for you lovely readers, your very own Yankees Chick happens to have earned her doctorate in Bullshit Comment Translation from the illustrious University of Cynicism, and loves nothing more than to share her knowledge and talents with all of you. Now that many of the players have started reporting to Spring Training, I have had plenty of interviews to analyze and am proud to say I have gotten to the bottom of the true meaning of several interesting sound bites:

Original Quote: Joe Torre, when asked how much work Pavano had to do to regain the trust and respect of his teammates: "It's sizable."
Translation: "I consider the possibility of Steinbrenner himself grabbing a ball and pitching a perfect game to be greater than that of Pavano regaining the trust of his teammates."

Original Quote: Moose, on the Pavano situation: "[Pavano]'s only looking at it from his perspective. We're looking at it from our perspective, those of us that have been through both years. We want him to go out there and show that he wants to do this. It got to a point where we just didn't even want to hear about it or talk about it anymore."
Translation: "I strongly desire to beat him senseless with a bat."

Original Quote: Jeter, on Pavano: "He just has to go, prove he's healthy and go out there and pitch. Then he'll be fine."
Translation: "I strongly desire to beat him senseless with a bat."

Original Quote: Mariano, on the fact that he could become a free agent after this season: "Everybody has the same shot. The Yankees will not have an advantage."
Translation: "The Yankees will pay me whatever I ask. And gladly."

Original Quote: Bernie, on not accepting the Yankees' minor league offer: "The Yankees always knew that I wanted to be with the Yankees and finish my career with the Yankees. If they don't want to do [anything] with me, I'm not going home crying. I'm going to move on."
Translation: "Everyone loves me and you know it. And I am going to go home crying."

Original Quote: Jeter, on Mariano's comments: "Mo ain't going nowhere. Mo will be right here next year. Where is he going to go? I'm just playing. I don't know his situation to be honest. I'm sure he would want an extension. I'd love to have an extension, too. To be honest with you, I didn't even know he was a free agent after this year. I'm sure they'll work it out."
Translation: "I'm a very nice person and a great player, but I'm really not very smart."

Original Quote: Clemens, on whether he will pitch in 2007: "We get little notes at my foundation about people saying they wish I would make up my mind and decide because I am leaving people hanging. I'm not leaving anybody hanging. I don't want to play."
Translation: "I am patiently waiting to see which team has the best shot at a World Series ring...but I am definitely playing."

Fear not, my friends...I will continue offering my translation services throughout the season as even more interesting interviews are inevitably reported. I don't know about you, but I can't wait!

Labels: , ,

posted by Yankees Chick @ Friday, February 16, 2007  
6 Comments:
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Translation: "I'm a very nice person and a great player, but I'm really not very smart."

    Gold.

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Drew Sarver said…

    Good stuff!

     
  • At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd love to see your translation of Randy's recent talk about now being motivated

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My first visit to the site. Absolutely frigging hilarious!

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    Anoher great entry Yankees Chick =P

    I gotta say I'm not sure I agree with your opinion of Pavano. Yea he had some injuries and made the Yankees regret giving him a 40 mil contract, but I think he has the talent to bounce back from all of this and maybe even pitch decent this season. Think of the upsides too, AL batters bearly got a look at him, and have surely forgotten by now in his 1 1/2 year absence, he seems to be healthy and will be the whole season (I hope i hope i hope), and he does have the stuff to be a great big league pitcher. Can he do it this year? that is somethin we are gonna have to wait n see. But my predition? I'm goin out on a limb here, Pavano go 17-8 around 3.50 ERA and pitch 210 innings, have an injury scare this season that will be way over blown, and win comeback player of the year, as well as the hearts of Yankees fans winning 4 games in the post season, including the final game agasint the Cubs in game 5. I don't know if that would b woth $40 mil for 1 year, but the Yankees are used to paying big money and not getting fair value. Just look at A-Rod.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian - he's signed for next year too, should he still be walking after that plunk on the foot.

    And you need to pinch yourself and wake up from that dream you're having. Hell he's the 4th/5th starter - I'll be happy if his ERA is below Unit's '06, and he wins a few more than he loses. 25 starts, 10-6, 4.75 and I'm a happy camper.
    4 postseason wins? He'd (and we'd) be lucky if he got 3 postseason starts!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google