Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
To Cooperstown!
Sunday, July 15, 2007
It has been about 7 weeks since I made the transition from California Yankees Chick to the New York variety, and living in Yankeesville has afforded me a plethora of ways to feed my borderline unhealthy obsession with baseball. I have attended 4 games at Yankee Stadium, 1 at Shea (the Yanks were on a road trip; any baseball is better than none, no?), watched games with other die-hards in bars, and purchased some fine goodies at the official Yanks clubhouse store, but nothing indulges a baseball obsession like a journey to the Hall of Fame. I made the pilgrimage yesterday - a journey which takes upwards of 4 hours before one accounts for the delightfully inconvenient road closure that detoured us down a dirt "street" named Jug Tavern Road - and it was an experience well worth the drive. The entire town breathes baseball, from the restaurants (I ate at Triple Play Cafe), to the stores to the multiple stadiums, but of course the museum itself is the main event. For those of you who have never had the pleasure of checking it out and those of you who have but can't get enough, here are some pictures of my time in Cooperstown:


Exhibit A: Outside the museum. Pretend all those people aren't in the way of my shot.
cooperstown
Exhibit B: Gehrig's locker! Gehrig not included with purchase.
gehrig locker
Exhibit C: A turnstile from the original Yankee Stadium, when tickets did not cost $290382 and hot dogs were less than $32198
turnstile
Exhibit D: Babe Ruth ad for Japanese promo. How do you say "hot dog" in Japanese?
babe japan ad
Exhibit E:
Allow me to introduce my good pal Mickey
mickey and maureen
Exhibit F:
The hats Nolan wore during each of his no-hitters. About 3 shy of being able to open a hat store.
nolan's hats
Exhibit G:
Whitey's Hall of Famer plaque, nice and shiney
whitey
Exhibit H:
I hate the Dodgers, but these original seats from Dodger Stadium are pretty cool
dodgers seats
Exhibit I: The legend that is Jackie - he competed with Babe for title of "most stuff in HOF"
jackie
Exhibit J: This was the only Devil Rays display I saw, so I took a picture. I feel a little bit sad for them. Just a little.
devil rays
Exhibit K: All the secrets of baseball were revealed to me
do you hear what i hear?
Exhibit L: Bernie's 1996 World Series bat. I miss him :( bernie bat
Exhibit M: I took this picture in case I ever feel the need to vomit but am for some reason unable to do so; I will just pull this up and I'll be good to go
bloody sock
Exhibit N: Lineup card for 9/25/1998 - win # 114
lineup
Exhibit O: The bat Matsui used when he became the first player to hit a grand slam in his first game in the MLB. And Angel Berroa won the ROY?!
matsui bat
Exhibit P: World Series bling, yo
world series rings
Exhibit Q: HOLY COW!
rizzuto in cow form
Exhibit R: Mmmmm Milwaukee sausage
snausage
Exhibit S: The rarest card in all the land - only an estimated 50 exist
honus Exhibit T: 1950 Yanks. Olde Tyme
1950 yanks
Exhibits U-Z have been omitted, because I'm assuming 99% of you did not even make it past F. If you did, good work!

Labels:

posted by Yankees Chick @ Sunday, July 15, 2007  
19 Comments:
  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pictures. I love Cooperstown. What a throw back town all together. My lord, do you have a sister or something? You're beautiful and a Yankee fan. You fit my qualifications!

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Michael Popek said…

    you were in c-town and didn't call me? i would have treated you to lunch at the doubleday, or better yet, brooks bbq.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I been there a 100 times love ur little blog and pics don't forget to go to the covette musuem

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    anon - i do indeed have sisters - 5 of them to be exact. however, the older 3 are married and the younger 2 are only 18 and therefore i must protect them with my life!! :)

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Drew Sarver said…

    Great pics Chickie...I have to get back up there. Was there in 1978..killed a lot of brain cells since then.

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger MikeyBronx said…

    Two 18-year-old sisters?

    PLAY BALL!


    Yeah, the Hall of Fame was pretty sweet. My father-in-law took us to the Hall of Fame game a couple of years ago and then we toured the museum. The history in that building is amazing.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! Good, a good sister should protect them with her life. LOL! I should have signed my comments since they come up as anonymous. All I know is as a young Yankees fan I'm very glad to see young beautiful Yankees cans on top of their team.

    --Gianthinker

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! I wrote cans...LOL! I meant fans...LOL!

    --gianthinker

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    Freudian slip, gianthinker?

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice pitures.

    Ps. Baseball is better than no baseball. Unless you're at Shea. Or maybe Fenway.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Bald Headed Geek said…

    Very cool! I hope to make it to Cooperstown next summer with my oldest son.

    Though I doubt that you paid much attention to it, was there much Montreal Expos stuff?

    BHG

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! Sorry Chick. LOL!

    --Gianthinker

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger MikeyBronx said…

    Aha, the dude wrote 'Yankees Cans!'

    Maureen is an intelligent, witty blogger, not a piece of rump roast for your delictable sex fantasies, pervert!

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been up there twice, Yankees Chick. I still love Cooperstown even when I do go up there. I wanted to go up there to see Ripken and Gwynn get in this but I'll wait a few years.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger ChrisV82 said…

    I haven't been there since I was around 7, but I still have some vivid memories of some of the exhibits.

    I was sort of wondering whether I would still enjoy going, considering the jerks who vote on the Hall of Fame, but your post makes it seem like a place still worth visiting.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MikeyBronx-Thanks for the name calling on an obvious typo.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger James said…

    I went to the Hall during the 1991 World Series and then last year (and I'll be at the Induction Ceremony next week).
    The great thing, I thought, was that so much of the stuff from 1991 was still there, exactly the same, but of course there was a tremendous amount of new features.
    It's a great combination of nostalgia and of-the-moment, kind of like baseball itself.

     
  • At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pictures! I'm from Australia which is a baseball desert. It's so great to be able to see this many pictures from the HoF.

    Can you please put up more pics if you have them?

    Alan

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you had a blast in Cooperstown. You seem like the kind of sister baseball fan that should be sporting the Cooperstown Baseball Bracelet. No Yankee logo, but sweet for the "Chick" baseball fans.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google