Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
I Think Y'All Should Give Him His Money!
Friday, January 25, 2008
It's arbitration season for a few Yanks (and if you aren't familiar with the term in regards to baseball, don't fret my pets: you can read my delightful definition of arbitration over at the world-famous [lies] Yankees Chick Glossary!): Cano, Wang, and Bruney. The Yanks haven't reached deals with the Wangster or Bruno, but they have zeroed in a sweet contract with Robby. Generally speaking, the Yanks don't use arbitration time to strike multi-year contracts with their players (they just hammer out the salaries), but they are on the brink of signing Cano to a 4-year deal worth $30 million. This arrangement is a very wise move for the Yankees, and obviously works out well for Cano, too. With Cano under contract for 4 years, the team is getting an All-Star 2nd baseman for bargain-basement prices in this crazy inflated market - which shows NO signs of ever returning to any sort of sanity - and Cano can breathe easy about his place on the team for a few years and exert 90% of his mental energy on playing beisbol and the other 10% on frolicking jauntily about the stadium with Melky.

Labels:

posted by Yankees Chick @ Friday, January 25, 2008  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous mets guy said…

    Really good deal for Cano. Begrudgingly, I admit he is one of the top two 2B's in the league, along with Chase Utley.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Johnny said…

    Agreed, mets guy.

    I think the Yanks are on the winning end of this deal - they are getting a great deal money-wise ($7+ mil/year for a .300+ hitter that keeps improving defensively and has proven to be a good influence on the team!)

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Rutkiller said…

    Huh. $30 millon for a 4 year contract? In my opinion, Cano is worth more than $7.5 million per year, but hey, it's a stellar deal for the Yanks. It's hard to justify that A-Rod will be getting roughly $22 million more PER YEAR than Cano over the next few years, but I guess when you're Steinbrenner, you can do that kind of math.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google