Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Top Ten Tuesdays: Take Me To Tampa!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
I've always wanted to experience the pure golden magic of Spring Training - the intimate setting, checking out the performances of the non-roster invitees, the chance to score some autographs from players (perhaps I could cajole/trick/brainwash A-Rod into squiring me about the town... I'm not blond like his stripper friend [nor am I a stripper or the owner of large fake breasts, but let's not focus on details here folks], but I've been defending him for years and I won't be wearing a "Fuck You" tank top like wifey so surely that will score me some points, no?), but this year I am actually considering making the journey. There are a few obstacles in my way, like money, but I'd really like to make my way out there. If any of you guys have been and want to share your experiences, please share in the comments section!

Top Ten Things I'd Like To Do In Tampa

10) Meet some reporters from various media outlets and force them to chat with me as though I were a legitimate baseball writer myself.
9) Drive out to Orlando for some Disney action so I can compare the churros to the ones at Disneyland here in Cali.
8) Cruise around on a golf cart. Apparently there's a lot of golf-playing down there, and while I don't care much for golf, I love me some golf cart drivin'.
7) Track down Hankster and Hal-itosis in a swanky bar (no dives for them, I'm sure), liquor them up, and get them to divulge some secrets. If I can't accomplish that, perhaps I can at least cajole them into doing some embarrassing table-dancing.
6) Practice my espanol with Cano and Melky (I mean... Me gustaria practicar mi espanol con Cano y Melky)
5) Keep an eye on all the non-roster invitees so that I can get (even more!) excited about the future of the team... and mentally cross a few of the lesser dudes off my list of likely future Yanks.
4) Sit in the sun at Legends Field for days on end and encourage my skin to look like something in between a vampire and a tomato.
3) Meet some players and score some autographs. Preferably something humorous.
2) Lay eyes on Big Stein. I don't even need to meet him. I just want to confirm that he's a real person... like Santa.
1) Go to the games. Obv.


Read Last Week's Top Ten: Moves Methinks Will Be Regretted


Labels: ,

posted by Yankees Chick @ Tuesday, January 15, 2008  
14 Comments:
  • At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This just in, Hurricane Whoreen will be blowing her way through the Tampa area in March.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    can't...stop...laughing

    i am dying

    whoreen, whoreen
    PLEASE don't stop commenting with your asinine remarks, all of you anonymous people out there. it brings the YCLS such joy to laugh at you.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Big Stein is a real person. I was at a game once and walked by him while I was getting food. As he passed me, he briefly stopped and stared at me as if he knew me. True story.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    whoreen = BEST NICKNAME EVER.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoreen:

    I have directed Howard Rubenstein to invite you to Tampa, all expenses paid included SPF 100 sunblock.

    See you soon.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Spring Training IS a really fun experience - everyone should go at least once.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been her sister for eighteen years. Yes, it is asinine. I don't know what kind of "stuff" you heard (nor do i care, nor is it relevant to her knowledge of baseball), but I have a hunch i know more about YC, her trip to NY, and her life in general than you do. Just a guess.

    Have fun spouting off about shit you know nothing about though. It's an admirable hobby.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YC, you must have deleted the comment than an "anonymous" (the mean ones always are) poster put up right before your sister defended you, because it's not there anymore, but I will say this anyway:

    This is a baseball blog. I highly doubt YC is a "whore", but even if she is... um... who cares? Do you people come here to read about baseball or call people that you don't know names? Get a life.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    Just an FYI to folks:

    I know you're not all tech-savvy, so let me clue you in on something:

    It is incredibly easy for me to look up the IP addresses of who is leaving comments - even easier if you are accessing the site from a large corporation, like, say, CBS.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Mike Rook said…

    Why do people even leave anonymous comments. Man up and at least say who you are when you are going to spout off like a jackass

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Cal Ripken Jr.'s Man Purse said…

    Robert John Bardo,

    I CAN stop laughing, long enough to stop and tell you to save the fucking asshole comments. Anonymous commenters are the pussy ones. Be a man if you got bullshit to say the least you can do is stand up and say it like a man, jerk.

    In addition to the fact that you must not be TOO tech savvy allow me to add this definition of which you must be aptly aware.

    "Rejected stalkers: pursue their victims in order to reverse, correct, or avenge a rejection (e.g. divorce, separation, termination).

    Stalkers will often denigrate their victims which reduces the victims to objects. This allows stalkers to feel angry at victims without experiencing empathy, or they may feel that they are entitled to behave as they please toward the victims. Viewing victims as "lesser," "weak" or otherwise seriously flawed can support delusions that the victims needs to be rescued, or punished, by the stalkers. Stalkers may slander or defame the character of their victims which may isolate the victims and give the stalkers more control or a feeling of power.

    Stalkers may use manipulative behavior such as bringing legal action against their victims, or threatening to commit suicide in order to coerce victims to intervene - all methods of forcing victims to have contact with the stalkers."

    So over there in the corner is a hole, you know, the one you crawled out of so please find that hole and crawl back in it, you are not wanted or needed around these parts. ONLY Yankees AND Yankees Chick fans allowed!!

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Zack said…

    Chick,
    I went to ST way back in the F.L. days, and it was one of my best experiences. Granted, I was in 8th grade, but ignoring the closeness to the players, its great baseball.

    You're in SD like me, have you been down to AZ ST? I know its a bunch of "other teams" but the Pads are there at least.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're one of the funniest and smartest persons I can read on the net. I offer myself to practice spanish if you like, I live in Mexico, but I'm a dye hard yankee fan. Hasta la vista...

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say you have a great site!! Lot's of info. Last year you missed a great game against the Reds in Sarasota. In the early innings, a swarm of bees invaded the infield as Arod & Jeter had to run for cover. It was the funniest thing. If you do go, don't miss the Twins game in Fort Myers on 3/9The Twins have one of the best parks this side of the coast; Legends Field of course is #1. :)
    Bueno, si no te veo en Fort Myers, que lo pases bien donde quiera que estes. Cuidate.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google