Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Technology and Harassment Lesson
Monday, January 28, 2008
A message to my lovely YC friends and foes:

It seems to me - in my humble YC opinion - that about 99.99% of you are passionate about baseball, intelligent, and have some sort of life beyond harassing people. This goes for those that love me or hate me. I have nothing against people that dislike me or my opinions, so long as they are coherent and make interesting points (that is, something other than "u suck and r ugly lolz!!!" At least explain WHY I suck and am ugly, peeps!).

There is also a small contingent of "readers" that go far beyond simple harmless dislike/babbling. I'm referring to the few of you that have left comments threatening me ("watch out"? Please.)

This is where the lesson comes in:

I have a tracking program installed on this blog. I use it to monitor the number of people that visit and how they got here (a link, an email, a Google search*, etc). It is useful when figuring out what a fair cost might be for advertisers and is also just plain interesting.

This tracking program also has another feature: I can see the IP address of every single person that accesses the site. For the most part, this feature doesn't interest me all that much, because I don't really have a reason to know or care about this info in the cases of most of y'all. HOWEVER: When someone says something truly creepy and borderline scary, please note that it takes me a maximum of 30 seconds to find out your IP address. I can find out where you are posting from in a matter of minutes, and if you are posting from your place of business the IP address will make that clear (CBS, CSTV, etc etc etc).

In case you haven't put 2 and 2 together yet, this all means that whether you post as "anonymous" or not, I can still find out who you are, and if this shit continues, it is within my rights - and again, is ridiculously easy - to ring up your aforementioned place of business.

On that note, lovies to all of y'all that make this blog a success, by simply stopping by, sharing your thoughts via commenting (and again - I welcome MEAN comments too, so long as they make more sense than something my 4 yr old nephew would say), or emailing me directly.

Now: back to baseball!!



*sidenote: in addition to searches like "baseball blog", "yankees news", "baseball glossary", "yankees rumors", and the like, there seems to be an inordinate number of people that navigate here from a search for "small boobs". On one hand, it makes me happy that there are people that actually prefer us gals that are sadly not in possession of monstrous tits (of the real or fake variety); on the other hand, how did Google know to index my site in that way?! Clearly they've been watching my videos. Now THAT is an example of advanced technology!


Labels:

posted by Yankees Chick @ Monday, January 28, 2008  
7 Comments:
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Dude. said…

    As a frequent stalker, er that is..reader, I must say I am somewhat disturbed by these developments. I've been following YC for years (whoa! thats kind of like we're dating!) simply because of the quality of her writing, not the size of her chesticles.
    And to the fact that you've been physically threatened..I gotta say, "What the Hell?!" It's the internet people, you all gotta calm down a bit. As a wise man once said, "That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously ." (50 points if you can name that movie!), NOT to say "watch out". Seriously, I'll say it again..What the Hell??
    I don't know what my point was with this ramble but just to assuage (ooh big word! go me!) your fears YC, there ARE folks out here who enjoy your blog for what it is.
    Now if you'll excuse me, the candles by your shrine are going out and I need to adjust the strands of hair and toenail clippings..damn things never stay where I put em!

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Irish Cream said…

    "Small boobs" is how people find my blog, oddly enough.



    I'm just kidding, no one reads my blog.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well said YC! Couldnt say it any better....Dave

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe anyone would bother.

    Anyway, I love your blog and long may it continue.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fear not, Yankees Chick. I'm sure you could count on several of your male readers to eliminate any potential threats, verbal or physical, that may come along your way. Fellas, we need to protect our Yankees Chick.

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    Thank you boyzos :) I also got many nice emails from other non-stalker folks. The response I got re-affirmed my aforementioned notion that most of y'all are wonderful, respectable people!! Thank you for being YC readers :)

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No te preocupes, son pocos los que no saben apreciar a una mujer genial como tu.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google