Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Sidenote Saturdays: Sorry, Luke Skywalker
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Happy Saturday, friends and foes! No work, no school, and, best of all, Sidenote Saturdays on YC!
-----------------------------------

There is an article about me in the Buffalo News today. Check it out!
http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/othersports/story/315991.html
-----------------------------------

I have a baby blanket that I sleep with Every night. Its name is Quilty.
-----------------------------------

Mike Hampton and Carl Pavano should get married and have embarrassingly injury-prone babies together.
-----------------------------------

I am such a friendless dork that I have actually been to baseball games ALONE.
-----------------------------------

I met Tony Gwynn at the NAB Conference last year (sidenote within a sidenote: I'll be there again this year) and I was so impressed by him. Extremely friendly, approachable, and down to earth.
-----------------------------------

Why are baseball players so damn sensitive? Any time a player shows the slightest twinkling of emotion the opposing batter or pitcher gets offended and bitter. Last year the Mets were always having fun and the rest of the NL was all up in arms about it after playing them... but in other sports anything goes:


-----------------------------------
Speaking of the Mets, they are about to get Rickrolled:
http://www.metsblog.com/2008/04/04/note-mets-about-to-be-rickrolled/
-----------------------------------

I have never seen a single minute of the Star Wars saga and I have no intention of doing so.
-----------------------------------

Well, that's all I can think of for today. The Yanks blew it again today, so I'm a tad bummed. Perhaps I'll write something about the pathetic display the Yanks have put up over the past two games in a bit!

Read last week's Sidenote Saturdays: Way to Go, Mexico!

Labels:

posted by Yankees Chick @ Saturday, April 05, 2008  
8 Comments:
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Ian said…

    Way to go Maureen. I've been meaning to email you about your post last week and I'll get to today at some point.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger stormrider6 said…

    Hey, what's wrong with going to baseball games alone? That's what I'm planning on doing tomorrow if its not raining here in Atlanta... Of course, I too am a friendless dork. Congrats on the Buffalo news piece! Go Sabres (well, next season...)

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Brooklynite said…

    Hey Maureen!
    Nice piece in the Buffalo News!
    Bummer about today's game. Bats need to come alive. The errors don't help either... Oh well, there's another chance tomorrow.
    Keep up the great work!

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Brozier said…

    The Buffalo News put together quite a nice article about you. Buffalo holds a special place in my heart since I went to college out there. Keep posting and we will all keep reading.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am such a friendless dork that I have actually been to baseball games ALONE.

    99% of us have gone to games alone.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Lacie said…

    i added your blog to the list on mine because it is awesome!!!!

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Broken Arrow said…

    o Nice piece in the Buffalo paper =)

    o Ditto on going to games alone, we've all done it, lol

    o Say "I'll call you Quilty, because you're a quilt," in your best G.W. Bush voice. Laugh. Repeat.

    o I read on the Daily News that Frank Thomas didn't care that Jobamania gave him the fist pump. It seems like its only the New York media that's making a big deal about it. Is only El Capitan Derek allowed to fist pump now? Michael Kay doesn't seem to have a problem with that. Nobody complains when Manny poses at home plate after jacking one over the Green Monster. Nobody told the Juicy Juice Twins, Jose and Mark, that they shouldn't smash their popeye sized forearms together because it showed up the normal sized humans on their own team like Walt Weiss and Eck. Using the logic of the New York media, Old Man Schilling should've been forced to change his bloody sock because he was just rubbing it in all of our faces how much of a better human being that he is than the rest of us. (And that was a waste of blood, after all, we all know that Curt Schilling's blood cures chikungunya fever in small African children.) Give Jobamania a break. He struck out his boyhood hero. If I had just K'd Donnie Dinger, I would fist pump, too.

    And you can't tell me that if Suzy Waldman got dinged by a foul ball, Michael Kay wouldn't fist pump.... =p


    And darn you, YC, I think that I just used my best material on comments on your site, and have nothing for myself, lol =)

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have friends, but sometimes I just LIKE going to games alone! :) Less distraction! I really like your blog, despite the fact you're a Yankees fan! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google