It's been several moons since last I updated this bloggity, and for this I wholeheartedly apologize (see how I like to pretend that you care?). I haven't been totally ignoring my team, of course - never! - but it appears as though I've missed a considerable amount of blog-worthy scoop whilst I've been working my little YC heart out and wasting time watching DVR'd episodes of Price is Right. Before I get back into the daily blogging routine I think it'd be a good idea to take a quick gander at what's been going on these past few days, and then we'll be ready to move onward and upward!Top Ten Yankees News Tidbits
10) Trade rumors surrounding Mr. Sabbathia
are still swirling. I still like the idea, though I don't know who I'd be willing to part with - or who the Indians would want. A few mediocre prospects ain't gonna cut it, obviously.
9) Cano appears to be turning a corner at last. He's finally got his average above .240 by hitting .295 during June and .455 in the last 7 games alone. Will he hit .300+ again this season? Probably not, but he'll finish at a healthy .290. Just wait.
8) His BFF, on the other hand... not so hot. The Melk Man hit just .206 in June and simply looks lost at the plate. Good thing he can still make fabulous plays in the field or we'd all be mighty irritated.
7) On that note, if Brett Gardner is effective could he prove to be in direct competition with Melky for a permanent spot in the lineup?
6) No home run derby
for A-Rod, which is probably a wise decision. The Yanks couldn't withstand another injury.
5) I-Ken has made some appearances down in minors-ville, but Girardi has assured us that he'll need to "earn" his way back to the Yanks. There is no spot in the rotation reserved for him at the moment and he won't be brought back up until he's proved himself in AAA. Or until Ponson and/or Rasner proves they belong in AAA instead.
4) Sidney Ponson pitched a gem against the Mets on Friday. I can hardly believe I just typed those words. Don't expect a repeat performance, though.
3) Giambi sure is doing his best to make a case for himself to stick around for another year.
2) The Rays are 18 games over .500 and in first place in the division. Are we scared yet? Or at least placing bets
1) A-Rod and Madonna
? Please tell me this is some sort of US Magazine creation. I wont believe it until People confirms it.Read last week's Top Ten: Weakest Links on the Top Ten Weakest Teams