Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Happy Blogiversary to MEEEE!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Three long years ago, after the Yankees lost to the Angels to end their season (I went to a couple of those sad games), I sat down in front of my computer and signed up with Blogger so that I could do some baseball blabbering. I estimated that my target audience consisted of my mom, the YCBF, and my super-sketchy boss at the time (he was a big fan of blogging... and scamming people). But lo and behold, it turned out that www.yankeeschick.com is super similar to www.mileycyrus.com and a bunch of fat-fingered pervos typed in my URL accidentally! Better yet, they stuck around. Thanks!

Much happened during these three occasionally glorious years. I've gone through periods of supreme dedication to the blog with daily updates to times where I've had to push it to the back burner (AKA now), but never have I abandoned it. I've both railed and rallied Pavano, rolled my eyes at A-Rod and then defended him to the world, shed a few tears, mocked a lot of people, and helped you all select nondenominational holiday presents. I've had a grand time writing, scouring the internets for unfortunate pictures of Red Sox, and even recording videos back in the olden times (BTW, the reason I don't do them anymore is because I moved my computer and there's no longer a good wall behind me... and I'm too lazy to move a big ol' iMac once a week. Next time I move I'll make sure I set it up by a wall, so long as it doesn't jack up the "flow" of the room).

It's been a learning experience, too. I didn't write very well when I started this puppy, and look at me now! My writing has advanced to a level unrivaled by sixth graders around the nation. I've gone through several moves, a few jobs, plenty of personal dramz and I've met some interesting peeps along the way. The blog has been an overwhelmingly positive influence in my life... and hopefully a positive influence over the lives I have set out to change, such as A-Rod. And you.

Thanks for hanging in there with me, munecas. Hope you're still here for year 4.

Labels: ,

posted by Yankees Chick @ Monday, October 20, 2008  
11 Comments:
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Clay said…

    Fat-fingered pervos?!

    My fingers aren't fat!

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You still can't write well, but my Red Sox fandom appreciates an opposing point of view... Even if you are always wrong.

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Bruce said…

    Congratulations

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy anniversary!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger YankeeFiend23 said…

    Happy Anny YC. Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Mark McCray said…

    congratulations!!! I love your Blog, so keep up the good work!

    Mark
    The Bronx Stop

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Broken Arrow said…

    Happy day! =)

    I went back and read your first post - I have to admit, I have a jersey with a name on it, lol. (It was the only Bernie pinstripe jersey that my wife could find.) In the sea of Jeter and A-Rod jerseys that litter the Trop whenever we're (the Yankees, not the royal "We") in town, its always stood out :)

    Anywho, big ups again, keep the bloggity going!

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on 3 years! Keep up the good work and I won't just be here for year 4, but year 14! Seriously I love to hear your insight and thanks for providing it! You're awesome!

    Josh
    Allentown, PA

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, Happy Blogiversary!!!!
    I'm really glad you're here. You and Pete Abe are the only Yankee blogs I read regularly, after sampling dozens.
    Hope you never get tired of doing this for us, and I hope your whole life is one long happily ever after.
    Now, I have two blogs I'm really looking forward to you writing. The one when the Yanks clinch the 2009 pennant, and the one after the final, clinching victory in the 2009 Series! (And if they don't vote you a share, I'm getting the poisen pen out and hunting down Hankenstein)

    Joe

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger David Pinto said…

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Nesto said…

    Congrats on writing like 6th grader & 3yr ann.
    I'm still at a 4th grade level even as i get my phd

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google