Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Poll Time: Over it or Out on A-Ro(i)d?
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
On Monday evening, fresh from watching A-Rod bare his soul (and alarmingly red eyes... he's either legitimately distraught about the scandal or been spending a little too much time with Michael Phelps), I mentioned that I was unsure as to the level to which I was going to be able to forgive and forget. On one hand, I've been defending and supporting the man for five years now, and I've forgiven players for worse transgressions that this - for some reason I still haven't soured on Clemens (sidenote: give it up already, Rocket); on the other, I held A-Rod to an incredibly high standard due to his sheer talent and was feeling a bit tricked. I've certainly withheld forgiveness for lesser transgressions (damn you, Bubba Crosby!).

A couple of days and a few insightful comments from you folks later, and I've come to terms with the past and I'm ready to move forward. A-Rod would have been a legendary player whether he took steroids or tattooed "straight edge" on his stomach; it's not as if I was fooled into thinking Bubba Crosby was Mickey Mantle. Steroids do not work magic (just ask Guillerma Mota), and A-Rod's successes, while perhaps a tad inflated, can largely be attributed to his natural talent and constant training. Of equal impact on my forgiving mood is the unfortunate but undeniable truth that PED's were being used by everyone from top sluggers (Bonds, Sosa, et al) to idiots who were never going to be stars no matter how many chemical variants they injected into their bums (I'm looking at you, Felix Heredia). Jim Kaat was on the MLB channel the other night discussing the news with Matty and the gang and summed it up perfectly when he said that the bottom line is that every player wants an edge, and that's what people were using to get an edge at that time. That doesn't make it right, but it also wouldn't be right to hold A-Rod at a higher standard than we held spitball throwers or gamblers or greenie-users or cokeheads (the MLB has celebrated some real winners over the years) - especially after he apologized.

Plus... at least he's not doing it anymore.

So I've made my decision. I'm on Team A-Rod and you shan't hear another disparaging remark from me about him on this issue (barring a new report showing he cannibalized babies as part of his steroid regimine). Are you with me?

What's the Verdict: Are You Burning Your A-Rod Jersey or Sending Him a Valentine?
I've forgiven him and will show my support by defending him to my Red Sox fan friends (idiots)
I've forgiven him but my opinion of him has lowered
I've forgiven him because its the cool thing to do but secretly I'm prets pissed
I never had a problem with it in the first place. Get over it.
I never had a problem with it in the first place and in fact would prefer if more people used PEDs
I haven't forgiven him yet but I may in the future if he performs well. We'll see.
I haven't forgiven him and I probably never will.
Anyone use cheats in any fashion should be beaten to death with the wiffle bat.
Free polls from Pollhost.com


Labels: ,

posted by Yankees Chick @ Wednesday, February 11, 2009  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After staring at the poll lo, these sevral minutes, I really can't find a box to check
    Has my opinion of him lowered from where it was watching him pop zits in a restaraunt with a $100 bill?
    I love Baseball. I still think Mark Mcgwire had the most beautiful swing I've ever seen. right up there with Jeter's jump spin and throw. Has nothing to do with my opinion of the man.
    When he's on, ARod is a joy to watch. I'm glad he's a Yankee.

    Joe

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the biggest lesson learned from this is that PED use was WAY more rampant than we originally thought.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I'm on Team A-Rod and you shan't hear another disparaging remark from me about him on this issue"

    LOL, just like *no* disparaging remarks about, oh, other steroid drunks like Clemens and Pettitte and all the other cheaters in pinstripes? Face it, Chickie-you've rooting for the modern equivalent 1919 Chicago White Sox.

    But whatever lets you sleep at night...

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't have a problem with it to begin with because for one, this is something that happened six years ago and the only reason we heard about is because some slimeball reporter with a vendetta was digging for dirt (a person who by the way screwed up the Duke Lacrosse players story). The other reason I don't really care is because we all have to chalk this era up to what it was, tons of guys were using peds and while I may not necessarily agree with it, I can understand why some people must have felt pressure to use steroids, hgh and the like.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how can you people not have a problem with it (because of when it happened) - news flash morons: STEROID USE IS AGAINST THE LAW NOW AND WAS SIX YEARS AGO.

    So I guess you fools are cool with osama bin laden too?

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    So...Anonymous... taking steroids is right up there with religious fanatic terrorists?

    Let's ask all the 9-11 widows how they feel. I'm sure they are just as angry at A-Rod as they are at Osama (and the US gov't).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google