Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's.... the Yankees Chick?!
Sunday, February 01, 2009
It's been many moons since last I performed any of my Yankees Chick duties, and for this I offer you my most Phelps-worthy apologies. I haven't been out on the Yankees and certainly haven't ceased following them, I simply ran out of hours in the day between work and school (and TV), and when I did have a brief moment during which I could have updated the bloggity there were so many things I'd missed to discuss that "catching up" started sounding like a chore.

Well, my love for the team and the enjoyment I get out of posting ugly pictures of players I hate won out over my love for sitting on my ass and watching crime shows, so I'm back! And not a moment too soon... the Yankees have been far from boring this off-season and there is no shortage of news both good and bad to chat about:
  • Yanks get CC, he gets a more slimming uniform.
  • AJ Burnett wins the jackpot... thanks to CC and Tex he gets to reap the benefits of a mega-deal and only be subjected to a fraction of the accompanying pressure.
  • Someone signed Pavano!!! On purpose!
  • We have a real first baseman! No offense to you personally, Giambi.
  • There are officially 107 outfielders on the roster.
  • No one wants to pick up any contracts this year. Owners should be thanking Bush for making the economy so shitty that it is no longer reasonable to sign a third-rate outfielder to a $10 million deal.
  • Torre is breaking my heart with this book. Granted, I haven't read it yet (someone wanna send me one? Torre? Autographed copy?), but I'm concerned that my amount of love for him may be diminished if what I have heard about it is accurate. A-Fraud?! Say it ain't so.
  • A-Rod, WHY are you playing for the Dominican in the WBC?! Do you not remember how irritated people were three years ago when you went back and forth about playing for them and the USA? You can't please everyone. You're not going to please everyone. Stop trying so hard.
  • We found out that it was MATT HARDY who'd been fucking with Jeff Hardy all along! The hotel attack! The hit and run! The PYRO EXPLOSION! IT WAS HIS OWN BROTHER!
  • Woops, wrong topic.
  • MLB Network! Good god I love it. It has improved my quality of life by a solid 1 percent.
Whew! Are you prepared for Yankees Chick to once again become an oft-updated blog? Will you put up with me?

Let's hope so. See you in the morning with...a VIDEO!

**ps: I even updated the poll and Fact o' the Day! DEDICATION.

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Yankees Chick @ Sunday, February 01, 2009  
9 Comments:
  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    welcome back Mo. only questions yet to be answered are:
    will pettitte be back
    will posada be healthy
    will joba finally get a chaffeur
    did phelps inhale
    can the Yanks go all the way

    not much doubt in my mind about the last one

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    forgot one question, if you would be kind enough to add:
    will Melky be starting CF

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you're back, YC. :)

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger seanystl68 said…

    Great to see you back again YC!!!

     
  • At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WELCOME BACK CHICK! WE MISSED YOU!!!!

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to see your Back!

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    Thanks for the welcome back notes!! :) I'm very jazzed to start catching up....

    Stay tuned for answers to all your questions here... and by "answers" I just mean "my opinions because I have no more answers than you".

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Glad to see you back so soon,I thought maybe you personally volunteered to deliver pavano to cleveland. Pitchers and catchers in a week!
    Good Luck
    JG

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google