Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Demon Damon Demon Once More!
Friday, July 20, 2007
If you are an avid or even casual Yankees Chick devotee (accidentally clicking on my link when perusing the results from your "I have an ugly chick fetish" Google search does not count; unless, of course, that wayward visit to my site turned you on and you now check back obsessively for more content), you are most likely familiar with my assortment of Yankee enemies. Carl Pavano tops that list, although to be honest I have become so intrigued by his injury-prone mystique that my sentiment has migrated from hatred to a near bemused affection, and I have never felt anything but malice towards Mr. Farnsworthless, but the latest addition to my list of folks that have embittered me and induced feelings of both disgust and sheer disappoint is a man I actually came to like in 2006. It is Johnny Damon of whom I speak, and I regret to inform you all that I am officially out on the former Bostonian... again.

Like any good Yankees fan or woman with discernible taste, I mocked the man mercilessly while he was a Red Sock/Sox (that is an un-singularable word). I didn't deny his talent or value to his team - even when it comes to the enemy, I do my very best to remain a realist - but I found his apparent inability to operate a razor and seemingly cocky attitude quite grating. I was against the signing from the start, and not because of his hideous hair - simply because I believed that his defense was worthless and the Yanks could do much better with their money. I was right, obviously, but over the course of the 2006 season I learned to like him a bit. He hit .285 with the third-highest OPS of his career and the team seemed to take to him, so I came to appreciate him.

Like so many others, that sordid little love affair was short-lived. I am back to being sickened by him, and I hope I am right in assuming that you dear readers are in agreement. His injuries are so omnipresent that he is verging on Pavano territory, his defense is even more pitiful than mine, and he's hitting a laughable .233 - - only .223 with runners in scoring position and .216 in "close and late" situations. He's played just 43 games in the field, because of the aforementioned patheticness of his defense and the availability of Mr. Melky, whose performance far surpasses Demon's, and yet he remains in the lineup as DH. Using him in any game in his current state is a waste, but putting him in the lineup when there is a superior man to play in the field and any living body on the bench is just plain ridiculous. Even with poor little Wil Nieves's batting woes, the Yankees would be far better off having him catch and using Posada as the DH, leaving Demon to rot on the bench as he should. Even Cairo would be a better DH at this point - at least he's hitting .260 and can bunt. In fact, I think Andy Pettitte hits over .100 and he is a lefty, so how about him? At least he doesn't make me sick.

Labels: ,

posted by Yankees Chick @ Friday, July 20, 2007  
7 Comments:
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger MikeyBronx said…

    What the fuck did I just watch tonight?

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chick you got a nice shout by Peter Abraham today on his blog.

    http://yankees.lohudblogs.com/2007/07/21/new-additions-to-the-blogroll/#comment-83211

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    watch your language, mikey. i believe the phrase you were looking for is "what in fucking hell did i just fucking watch from this fucking team? that was a fucking disaster."

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger MikeyBronx said…

    My bad, Mo. I'm usually good at spacing out my F-bombs, too. Congrats on being added to Abraham's blog roll. Something tells me I'm not making that list.

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like the Lord Of The Idiots might have been googling for "I have an ugly chick fetish" before yesterday - though that would mean he could read which is doubtful I suppose.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    toxic, i agree - damon DEFINITELY must have been reading yankeeschick before the games yesterday. when he made those plays in left field, he was thinking "I'll show Maureen! She'll be back on the Damon Train in no time!"

    It's gonna take more than that though...

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger MikeyBronx said…

    I don't think I want to be part of a Damon Train, if you catch my drift.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google