The Yanks' 2007 season got off to a rough start (in case you've forgotten, their record in April was 9-14 and they were in the cellar of the AL East) and they ended the year on an even uglier note (let's blame the gnats
! And... the Yankees playing like little leaguers. And... the Indians completely blowing the Yanks out of the water with their superior pitching... sigh), but there were some good times in there! Really!Top Ten Happy Memories Of The 2007 Season
10) Shelley "Spirit Coordinator" Duncan's double-homer game on 7/22/07.
9) Pettitte's performance during the gnat-game - 6.1 IP with no runs scoring. Too bad it didn't turn out better.
8) The big Clemens announcement.
7) Hughsie's much-anticipated debut. He didn't pull a Joba, but incredibly solid starts for a rookie and very promising for the future.
6) The relative surprise of I-Ken. Obviously he was expected to be good (he was the Yank's first pick in the '05 draft) but he got somewhat lost in the Hughsie/Jobamania shuffle and wasn't as highly anticipated earlier in the season.
5) The team climbing their way out of utter loser-ville and coming to within 1.5 games of the Red Sox (for a day, anyway!).
4) Melky's INCREDIBLE catch that robbed Manny of a homer and won him a "This Year In Baseball" award for most outstanding play in the 2007 season. (EDIT... this catch was in 2006. Clearly it made a big impact on me, as I am still trying to give him credit for it like it happened yesterday. I guess I only have 9 fantabulous memories of last season rather than 10. Lo siento, munecas)
3) A-Rod's incredible clutchtasticness! Walk-off homers, grand slams, etc!
2) The day they secured their spot in the playoffs - for quite a while there it was looking iffy...
1) The sheer thrill of watching Jobamania pitch and knowing that he is not only a farm product but has been made essentially untouchable by Cash et al, so we can get excited about watching a nice home-grown farm boy for many years to come!Read last week's Top Ten: Useless Dudes I'd Rather Have On The Team Than Pavano
Labels: a-rod support, happy time, jobamania, top ten tuesdays