I've been "hanging out" here in the hospital
(and on the fun-o-meter, in case you were wondering, I rank the hospital a few notches above gravedigging, and about 234628736482734874 below a trip to Disneyland) for about a week now, and the lack of all the comforts of home is really starting to get to the YC. No Dr. Pepper, no DVR, and worst of all, no baseball.Top Ten Baseball Related Things I'm Missing
10. Checking mlbtraderumors.com
incessantly in hopes of some miraculous Pavano for Dr. Pepper trade.
9. My morning scan of various baseball blogs, including Deadspin
, Peter Abraham
, and Something Awful
(I know SA ain't a baseball, or even sports blog- and actually, probs more of a website than a blog- but I always include it in my morning blog readin', so it's on this list. Deal with it, suckas.)
8. Sportscenter, despite the fact that at the present time the only baseball commentary they provide surrounds Roger Clemens. They'll come around soon enough. I hope.
7. Arguing/debating with people about teams, trades, prospects, stats, or even the hotness of Doug Mientkicantspellhisname's wife. Doctors aren't too keen on me interrupting a conversation about blood work with "So, do you think Girardi is up to the pressure that comes with managing a team full of both revered veterans and spirited youngsters?"
6. The Dugout
5. Cheap Seats on ESPN Classic. Even if they're not watching a baseball event, you can count on my Sklar boys to slip in a Steve Garvey joke or two.
4. Stalking you readers by looking at my referrer tracker 100 times a day to see how you found your way here. Did you click a link on deathtoyankeeschick.com? Was I a search engine result when you Googled "moderately amusing baseball blog to look at while I wait for 5PM so I can finally leave work"?
3. Posting Fun Fact 'O the Day. I don't even know if any of y'all ever scan your eyeballs ever so slightly to the right to allow your corneas, retinas, rods and cones take in the fact and accompanying photograph, but I'll tell you this: I so enjoy searching for interesting and/or funny factoids and pictures that I would continue to post those simply for my own amusement.
2. Spring training. I really did want to go.
1. Googling "Pavano". Try it, it's fun!Read last week's Top 10: Pitching Busts.