Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Top Ten Tuesdays: Like The Deserts Miss the Rain
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
I've been "hanging out" here in the hospital (and on the fun-o-meter, in case you were wondering, I rank the hospital a few notches above gravedigging, and about 234628736482734874 below a trip to Disneyland) for about a week now, and the lack of all the comforts of home is really starting to get to the YC. No Dr. Pepper, no DVR, and worst of all, no baseball.

Top Ten Baseball Related Things I'm Missing

10. Checking mlbtraderumors.com incessantly in hopes of some miraculous Pavano for Dr. Pepper trade.
9. My morning scan of various baseball blogs, including Deadspin, FanHouse, Peter Abraham, and Something Awful (I know SA ain't a baseball, or even sports blog- and actually, probs more of a website than a blog- but I always include it in my morning blog readin', so it's on this list. Deal with it, suckas.)
8. Sportscenter, despite the fact that at the present time the only baseball commentary they provide surrounds Roger Clemens. They'll come around soon enough. I hope.
7. Arguing/debating with people about teams, trades, prospects, stats, or even the hotness of Doug Mientkicantspellhisname's wife. Doctors aren't too keen on me interrupting a conversation about blood work with "So, do you think Girardi is up to the pressure that comes with managing a team full of both revered veterans and spirited youngsters?"
6. The Dugout.
5. Cheap Seats on ESPN Classic. Even if they're not watching a baseball event, you can count on my Sklar boys to slip in a Steve Garvey joke or two.
4. Stalking you readers by looking at my referrer tracker 100 times a day to see how you found your way here. Did you click a link on deathtoyankeeschick.com? Was I a search engine result when you Googled "moderately amusing baseball blog to look at while I wait for 5PM so I can finally leave work"?
3. Posting Fun Fact 'O the Day. I don't even know if any of y'all ever scan your eyeballs ever so slightly to the right to allow your corneas, retinas, rods and cones take in the fact and accompanying photograph, but I'll tell you this: I so enjoy searching for interesting and/or funny factoids and pictures that I would continue to post those simply for my own amusement.
2. Spring training. I really did want to go.
1. Googling "Pavano". Try it, it's fun!


Read last week's Top 10: Pitching Busts.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Yankees Chick @ Tuesday, February 19, 2008  
6 Comments:
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger Jim N. said…

    Wish you a quick recovery, get better soon YC! I've become spoiled with your daily posts!

    -Jimmy
    notjustogoodatmath.blogspot.com

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I linked here from Bronx Banter, where Alex gave you a shout-out. And our favorite Dodgers fan dropped in to say he'd checked you out and was wondering if we'd be willing to trade Yankees Chick for Alyssa Milano.

    http://tinyurl.com/2flykw

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No way! No disrespect to Alyssa Milano, but who's the boss? The Yankees Chick is the boss (Best Online Sports Site)

    -YC forget about asking the docs about Joe G, you can get a professional opinion about abysses and winstrol injections. (see clemen's testimony)

    -Feel Better
    JG

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I typed "Yankees Chick" into yahoo, because I forgot to bookmark your page last time I stumbled across it.... :)

    Get well soon.

    P.S. For a laugh, I Googled Pavano, unfortunately this was what appeared under the first link: "Carl Pavano has not been involved in any transactions this season." Oh well.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is Carl Pavano. When you Googled me, I hurt my knee and now I'm out for next season, too.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You also check your referrers obsessively. Is there a support group for such a thing?

    Gotta give props to Sox and Dawgs for ending up on your blog - must admit I might ruffle feathers from time to time.

    Hope all is well and please recover.

    Oh yeah - go SOX!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google