February is drawing to a close, and as we head into March, I must say that all seems right in the world
at long last. I've been sprung from the clink
, the boys are throwing the ball around down in Tampa, and Pavano has made his annual weak "See, world? I'm totally still a pitcher! Change my label from "Pavano must die
" to "Pavano must LIVE
" again, YC!" performance. Perhaps I'm simply projecting my glee over being free from the clutches of doctors (not to mention phlebotomists, YC's blood's mortal enemy), but I am feeling ridiculously positive
about the upcoming season - and I think y'all should feel the same way. Need a reason? I've got ten of them!Top Ten Reasons To Be Optimistic About The 2008 Yanks:
9) Joe Girardi
8) Santana is safely sequestered in Queens
7) Posada's still looking sharp
. Age shmage.
5) There are no talks of bringing Bonds to the team.
3) The Steinbrothers have shown they are not as quick as Papa to make big trades.
2) They are hungry for a title. Starving. Salivating. (Now I'm starving... for In N Out).
1) A-Rod.Read last week's Top Ten: Baseball-Related Stuff I Miss
Labels: front office, happy time, jobamania, jorgie porgie pudding and pie, pavano must die, spring training, Steinbrothers, top ten tuesdays