Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Sidenote Saturdays: Is Myspace Even "Hip" Anymore?
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Greetings and Saturday Salutations! I hope you're all having a more exciting weekend than I, but if you're not, then boy do I have a treat for you! As I mentioned last week, I'm going to be mixing things up on Saturdays by writing a post completely off-topic; rather than blabbering about the Yanks I'll be blabbering about whatever is in my brain.


Enjoy! Or not... it's up to you. Either way.
-----------------------------------

I have joined the magical corny world of Myspace. Come be my friend!


-----------------------------------


Why is it that the country gets all up in arms when a politician is involved in some sort of sex scandal, but remains indifferent to indiscretions that actually affect us? Like, lets say, waging a war without reason? I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that for now...


-----------------------------------

Do any of y'all that live in San Diego listen to The Mikey Show on 105.7 fm weekday mornings? I'm a big fan.


----------------------------------


On the night that my twin little sisters were born, the YCD took my three older sisters and I to a Dodgers game (why weren't any of us visiting my mother who had given birth to twins just 12 hours earlier? Don't ask me, I was five years old. That's a good question for the YCD though). Without the YCM around no one was too concerned about what I wore to the game - flip flops, one of which I promptly lost somehow walking from the car into the stadium and proceeded to enjoy the game with one hoof un-shoed - or what I ate. I recall eating a hot dog, popcorn, peanuts, and cotton candy. I threw up the minute we got home. Good times...



-----------------------------------


In first grade, I brought the twins to class for show and tell.



-----------------------------------


I took an advanced statistics (lest you forget, I was the vice prez of the match club in high school... good god I was a loser. And by "was" I mean "am") class my freshman year at San Diego State and earned an A. However, when the grades came out after finals week my transcript showed a B+. Shortly thereafter I got an email from my professor asking me out. I asked about the B+ and he implied that perhaps that could be ammended if I went out with him. I declined and kept the B+.



-----------------------------------


It really bothers me when I ask a waitress/waiter if the restaurant has Dr Pepper and they reply "no, but we have root beer!" Is that supposed to make me feel better? It doesn't.

-----------------------------------


All right, that's enough of that for this week. I'll post some actual baseball tonight - St Louis's 2008 Season Preview - and a delightful article about Torre and Girardino manana. Enjoy your weekend, lovelies!


Read last week's Sidenote Saturday: You Wish You Had a Dog Named Rat Biscuit

Labels:

posted by Yankees Chick @ Saturday, March 15, 2008  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why did your teacher allow you to bring humans to show in tell?? and why was i too young to remember it now? blast!!

    -YCLS

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google