Heroes (Advertisers)
Purchase the best NY Yankees Game Tickets from Ticket Brokers Vivid Seats which include NY Giants Tickets, New York Mets Tickets, Knicks NBA Tickets, Rangers Hockey Tickets, Islanders Tickets, Jersey Boys Tickets, , Madison Square Garden Event Tickets New Jersey NBA Nets Tickets and Devils NHL Games .

Find New York Yankees tickets and other hot MLB tickets at CTC! We carry Cardinals baseball tickets, Red Sox tickets in Boston, Detroit Tigers tickets, Dodgers tickets and World Series tickets as well as New York Giants tickets and hot show tickets, including Coldplay concert tickets, Conan O'Brien tickets, NY theater tickets and Broadway show tickets.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

View blog authority
eXTReMe Tracker
Sidenote Saturdays: You Wish You Had a Dog Named Rat Biscuit
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Saturdays are slow news days, leaving the YC with few ideas for moderately thought-provoking bloggity posts. However, as you may have noticed from the number of articles with which I clutter this site, I am not one to take a day off from sitting on my ass in front of the computer. Being the writing fiend that I am - and that is not to imply that I am any good, just that I thoroughly enjoy all the therapeutic benefits that come from focusing on baseball and making fun of Pavano - my brain is always churning, trying to come up with more shit I can write.

As you well know from your faithful reading (don't deny that YC is your homepage, every one of you! Right? Right), I rarely talk about my personal life (with the exception of the occasional quick note about politics and the demise of our country under the Dubya administration), and while I'm not entirely sure anyone cares what the hell I do besides write baseball shiz, I've decided I don't care whether you care. From now on I'll be sharing some non-baseball thoughts from the mind of YC with y'all on Saturdays.

Ready? Let's do it!

-----------------------------------

I saw Bad Religion (a band that has affected my life in a very profound way since my early teenage years... I'll have to explain why they are so important in a future Sidenote) for the 21st time last night, and the show was incredible, easily taking a spot in the top five concerts I've ever been to (three of the other top five are BR shows and the last is Neil Young). The majority of the setlist came from their earliest years, so we were treated to tunes much of the audience - myself included - had never had the pleasure of seeing live. They also did a 2-song acoustic encore, which was brilliant and a great surprise. I'm going again tonight, and the "theme" for tonight's show is going to be songs from the late 80's/early 90's era. I can't wait.

They should really let me in for free at this point... what with my ATG tattoo and all.

-----------------------------------

When the YCD was a lad, his dad won a dog named Rat Biscuit in a poker game.

-----------------------------------

I was discussing with a friend the other day about how classic the "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit!" like was. I wonder how long it took Johnny Cochran to come up with that? I picture him in his office the night before, stressed to the max, rejected ideas crumpled up and strewn all around the trashcan. It's too bad he didn't have the YC on call to help him out, cuz I have some fine ideas:

"If the glove is too small, the prosecutors have dropped the ball!"
"If the glove has shrunk, our case is a slam dunk!"
"If he can't put it on, your charges are wrong!"
"If his hand is too large, set him free, sarge!"
"If he can't wear the glove, all he felt for Nicole was love!"

-----------------------------------

That's it for today. Baseball tomorrow!

Labels: ,

posted by Yankees Chick @ Saturday, March 08, 2008  
7 Comments:
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Ian said…

    Nice tattoo Maureen

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think his first attempt was probably "If the glove doesn't fit, their case ain't worth...."

    Oh, and nice tattoo (and canvas).

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If the glove is loose, ya can't cook his goose?
    If the glove's the wrong size, ya can't plan his demise?
    If the glove is all wrong, OJs out on a song?

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like this idea - there is no news anyway.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Ian said…

    By the way, that looks like it really hurt.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Yankees Chick said…

    it hurt like hell... when he got to the ribs it felt like someone was beating me to death.

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Ian said…

    I can only imagine. I've had bruised ribs from playing lacrosse so I know the pain. But a constant stabbing in the ribs, i don't know if I could deal with that. Mine is small and on my ankle so it barely hurt at all.

    My brother's back is pretty inked up and he said it hurt too when it got towards his ribs and then towards his spinal column.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Yankees Chick Tweets!
Fun Fact O' The Week

In 2009 Curtis Granderson published a book: All You Can Be: Dream It, Draw It, Become It! Granderson "shares the lessons that he learned growing up--the importance of family and choosing the right friends, the power of listening and staying positive, and most important, the value of being yourself."
Interleague Play: Love it or Leave it?
Hate it
Love it
Indifferent
Interwho?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
Previous Poll Results
Which Former Yank Free Agent Would You Most Like to See in Pinstripes in 2010?
Johnny Damon 53%
Chien-Ming Wang 26%
Xavier Nady 8%
Jose Molina 6%
Jason Giambi 6%
Jeff Weaver 2%
Catch up! Recent Posts
What'd You Miss? Archives
About Me

Name: Yankees Chick
Home: San Diego, CA, United States
About Me: Just your average 26 year old Yankees lovin' gal from the SD.
See my complete profile
Blog Faves
Subscribe
 Add to RSS

Add to Google
Subscribe in Bloglines
Search!
Google